Welcome to the VirTrain project!
We bring teaching methodology to Virtual Reality.
The overall aim of the project Virtual Reality in Teaching (VirTrain) is to bring modern technologies and especially virtual reality directly to the hands of teachers to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in VET. Project goal is to map the training needs, show the benefits of Virtual reality (VR) to the full extent, train the teachers and develop their teaching skills and especially overcome the potential barriers to the use of VR in Teaching and Learning
Long term Benefits
The use of a “low-threshold” approach to the introduction of virtual reality into pedagogical practice, providing practical experience with technologies so that VET professionals can become familiar with their various forms.
Making available the availability of virtual reality in the sub-area of acquiring language skills in vocational education for a wide professional audience.
Making this promising new approach available in everyday practice.
- Reality mapping to inform language education professionals about the usability of virtual reality.
- Development of original methodology for virtual reality courses.
- Purpose-built course for teachers.
- Database of virtual reality lessons.
- Final methodology: How to teach professional language skills in virtual reality.
- Multilingual One-Stop-Shop website – everything for virtual reality in vocational education and training from beginners to experts (all project materials and results available in one place).
- Online course in Moodle July-August 2021
- Face to face course for 15 teachers from Italy, Spain and Czechia (5 for each country) from 8. or 9.9. 2021, 4 days in nice Moravia wine region
- Post online course in the autumn
- Teachers will prepare their own lessons in VR 1st half 2022
- Multiplier DisCo Conference 2022
- National multiplier events in September 2022
Poslední články a novinky
Language teaching in the VET context is not limited to initial education. Innovations in this area are at the center of interest in the EPALE community across Europe. That and the fact that VirTrain team member Lukáš Macenauer has been a speaker at the Regional...
‘Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Immerse me and I learn.’Benjamin Franklin (remixed by VirTrain participants) When speaking about teaching or learning a foreign language in VR, Benjamin Franklin’s adapted quote helps explain the way to success: ‘Tell me...
On the 6th and 7th of September, the 16. edition of the DisCo conference, titled "Active Learning in the Digital Era: How Digital Tools Promote Conscious, Open-Minded, Creative, and Social-Oriented Thinking," took place in Prague Hotel Krystal. There were participants...